5 medium zucchini (200 g each) cut in half lengthways
50 ml olive oil
10 g salt
200 g hummus
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
15 ripe cherry tomatoes, sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
30 g fresh turmeric, grated
1 tbsp sherry vinegar, to taste
½ red onion, finely diced
200 g fried sourdough, torn into small chunks
1 tin drained chickpeas
1/3 cup pitted green olives, roughly chopped
100 g almonds, roasted, roughly crushed
½ cup mint leaves torn
½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat the griddle plate on medium-high heat, induction setting 7.
- Coat the zucchini with olive oil and salt.
- Once the plate is hot, place zucchini, flesh side down, for around 4 minutes. Rotate and cook until tender and charred.
- Whilst the zucchini is grilling, combine hummus, turmeric, lemon juice, zest, red onion and whisk vigorously. Add the sherry vinegar to taste.
- Once the zucchinis are cooked, place onto a chopping board and roughly chop into 3cm pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, place the tomatoes, grilled zucchinis, half the chickpeas, fried sourdough, olives, almonds and herbs. Using your hands, toss together until evenly mixed.
- On a large platter, spread out the hummus dressing, scatter over the other half of chickpeas before topping with the grilled zucchini mix.