½ cup miso paste
85g caster sugar
2 whole eggplant
4 tablespoons sunflower oil
Salt flakes, to taste
- Combine miso ingredients in a solid steam tray and whisk well.
- Steam at 100°C for 3 minutes and set aside until required.
- Preheat combi steam oven on Full Grill, Level 3.
- Cut eggplant in half lengthways. Score a diamond pattern across each half.
- Brush all 4 halves generously with miso mixture and place on the rack over the multi-purpose tray lined with baking paper.
- Place onto shelf position 2 and change function to Combi mode: Full Grill, Level 3 + 16 minutes + 100% moisture. Baste with the miso mixture every 5 minutes.
- Grill until the eggplant is cooked through and golden in colour. Times may vary depending
on size of eggplant.
- Brush with additional miso mixture just prior to serving. Serve warm.