500g Sebago potatoes, skin on
40ml olive oil
50g parmesan cheese grated
Truffle oil, drizzle
½ cup Japanese mayonnaise
1. Pre-heat oven on Fan Grill at 200°C.
2. Cut potatoes in half, length ways then into thin wedges. Season with salt, toss in olive oil, and then toss through the semolina. Semolina should thinly coat the potatoes.
3. Spread potato wedges out evenly on a baking tray.
4. Place on shelf position 5 of oven and set duration for 18 minutes. Set minute minder for 10 minutes.
5. When minute minder sounds, turn potato wedges over to create even browning (if the wedges are browning too quickly, drop the tray down to shelf position 4).
6. After the duration time check that the wedges are cooked all the way though.
7. Place wedges in a bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, toss lightly then place back on the tray and into the oven for 2 minutes to assist in melting the cheese. The residual heat left in the oven will do this.
8. Remove wedges from the oven. Drizzle the truffle oil over the potato wedges (truffle oil is very strong in flavour, so use sparingly). Serve wedges with Japanese mayonnaise.
Hints and tips
- If wedges are cut too thick then a longer cooking duration may be needed.
- Sebago potatoes have been chosen for their ability to crisp up in the oven.
- Use a quality truffle oil, some low-grade truffle oils may be inferior in flavour.