12 half pieces dried pear
600ml of fresh apple or pear juice
200ml of calvados or brandy
40g brown sugar
80g walnut halves, lightly crushed
80g sunflowers seeds
40g pumpkin seed mix
40g macadamia nuts, lightly crushed
400ml thickened cream
120g coverture chocolate (70% CM)
6 egg yolks
Juice from the pears
1. Place the pears, juice, calvados and sugar into a suitable saucepan and bring to the boil on high heat, Induction setting 8,
simmer for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
2. Strain off the juice and reserve. In a food processor, blend the pears until smooth and quite thick, add a little of the cooking
juices if needed.
3. Pipe or carefully spoon into individual serving glasses until 1/3 of the way up the glass or to an appropriate level.
4. Make the chocolate ganache by bringing the cream to the boil on high heat, Induction setting 8, and pouring over the
chocolate, combine well. Fold the seeds and nuts through the mix.
5. Spoon evenly over the pear mixture, creating a second even layer.
6. Pre-heat the oven on Grill at 240°C.
7. Just before serving, make the sabayon by combining the egg yolks and the pear cooking juices, plus another splash
of calvados in a stainless steel bowl.
8. Place the bowl on the Induction cooktop over low heat, Induction setting 3-4 and whisk until thick and glossy.
Spoon over each glass or serving dish.
9. Place each dish onto a baking tray and in the oven and grill the tops of the sabayon for 30 seconds or until golden and then serve.