Orange flourless cake
1 1/3 cups caster sugar
4 cups almond meal
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
2 medium oranges
1 cinnamon quill
1 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup water
3 oranges, thinly sliced
Yoghurt and pistachios
- Place the oranges in a perforated steam container and Steam at 100°C for 1 hour.
- Remove the oranges from the steam oven, place into a blender and blend until you have a smooth puree. Reserve 250 g of the puree.
- Preheat the oven on Fan plus at 150°C, or if applicable, Cakes Plus.
- Grease and line a 22 cm round springform cake tin.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the 250 g orange puree, followed by the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and place into the oven on shelf position 2 and cook for 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Dissolve the sugar and orange in a large frying pan on medium heat, Induction setting 7.
- Add the cinnamon and orange slices and cook for 20 minutes, turning occasionally or until starts to thicken.
- Remove oranges and cool on a lined baking tray, reserving the syrup.
- Serve the cake topped with orange slices, syrup, yoghurt, pistachios
Hints and tips
• Any leftover orange puree can be frozen.