Orange flourless cake
1 1/3 cups caster sugar
4 cups almond meal
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
2 medium oranges
1 cinnamon quill
1 cup caster sugar
1/3 cup water
3 oranges, thinly sliced
Yoghurt and pistachios
- Place the oranges in a perforated steam container and Steam at 100°C for 1 hour.
- Remove the oranges from the steam oven, place into a blender and blend until you have a smooth puree. Reserve 250 g of the puree.
- Preheat the oven on Fan plus at 150°C, or if applicable, Cakes Plus.
- Grease and line a 22 cm round springform cake tin.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the 250 g orange puree, followed by the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and place into the oven on shelf position 2 and cook for 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Dissolve the sugar and orange in a large frying pan on medium heat, Induction setting 7.
2. Add the cinnamon and orange slices and cook for 20 minutes, turning occasionally or until starts to thicken.
3. Remove oranges and cool on a lined baking tray, reserving the syrup.
4. Serve the cake topped with orange slices, syrup, yoghurt, pistachios
Hints and tips
• Any leftover orange puree can be frozen.