1.5kg small-medium beetroots
2 tbs verjuice
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 tbs salt flakes
500g natural or Greek style yoghurt
2 tbs horseradish cream
1 tsp salt flakes
Sorrel leaves, picked
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Line a sieve with a piece of muslin, leaving the sides overhanging. Place the sieve on top of a bowl, ensuring that the bottom does not touch the base of the bowl.
2. Mix the yoghurt, horseradish and salt flakes together then transfer to the muslin. Twist the top of the cloth and leave in the sieve. Refrigerate overnight so that the whey can drip into the bowl underneath.
1. Wash the beetroot and rinse under running water, scrubbing them with a vegetable brush to remove any caked-on dirt and grittiness. Trim the leaves and bottom tip with 2.5cm remaining on the stem.
2. Arrange beetroots on a paper-lined baking tray, large enough for them to fit snugly. Drizzle with verjuice and place into the combi steam oven on shelf position 2.
3. Select Combination Mode: Conventional at 180°C + 2 hours + 100% moisture.
4. Roast the beetroot for 1.5-2 hours, turning them over halfway through cooking, until tender when tested with a skewer.
5. Remove from oven and while warm, toss with olive oil and salt flakes.
1. Cut beetroot in half lengthways. Smear labneh onto a serving plate and then place beetroot over the top.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sorrel and chervil.
Hints and tips
• For the best results use beetroots that are fresh with the green stems intact.
• Untreated muslin cloth can be purchased from gourmet cooking stores.