24 medium green prawns
1 clove garlic, crushed
½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 tbs lime juice
2 tbs tamari
¼ tsp sesame oil
Coriander leaves, to serve
1. Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl, stir well. Set aside.
1. Peel and de-vein green prawns. Pat dry if necessary.
2. Place one prawn onto an individual Asian-style ceramic soup spoon.
3. Arrange spoons in a Perforated steam tray and spoon dressing evenly across the prawns.
4. Place in Steam oven and Steam at 85°C for 3-5 minutes, depending on the size of the prawns.
5. Garnish the prawns and serve immediately.
Hints and tips
• This recipe also works well served as an entrée. Double the quantity of dressing, place the prawns in a Solid steam tray and pour over the dressing. Serve with steamed rice and garnish with finely sliced spring onions, chilli and coriander leaves.
• For a Moroccan-inspired prawn, try substituting the sauce above with the following: 1 tsp chermoula powder, 1 tsp fresh chopped parsley, 3 tbs olive oil, 2 tbs lemon juice, 1 tsp salt flakes, ½ tsp ground pepper. Stir to combine. Cook as above and garnish with coriander leaves.