24 medium green prawns, peeled and deveined
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp tamari
¼ tsp sesame oil
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Set aside.
- Place one prawn onto an individual Asian-style ceramic soup spoon.
- Arrange spoons in a perforated steam container and spoon dressing evenly over the prawns.
- Place in the steam oven and Steam at 85°C for 3-5 minutes, depending on the size of the prawns.
- Garnish with coriander and serve immediately.
Hints and tips
- This recipe also works well served as an entrée. Double the quantity of dressing, place the prawns in an unperforated steam container and pour over the dressing. Serve with steamed rice and garnish with finely sliced spring onions, chilli and coriander leaves.
- For a Moroccan inspired prawn, substitute the dressing with the following: 1 tsp chermoula powder, 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley, 3 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp salt flakes and ½ tsp ground pepper. Stir to combine and cook as above.