375g puff pastry, Careme brand
1 egg, beaten
2 x 110gm tins anchovy fillets
in olive oil
¾ cup Parmesan cheese, very
6 sprigs fresh thyme, plus extra
leaves to serve
1. Lay the sheet of pastry, 27 x 36cm on a cool, floured bench and halve widthways to give
2 sheets of 27 x 18cm.
2. Brush one side of the pastry with egg wash then lay the fillets of anchovies horizontally along the sheet. Repeat the lines of anchovy every 2cm resulting in approximately 8 horizontal lines.
3. Sprinkle some thyme leaves and ½ cup Parmesan cheese evenly over the first sheet. Place the top sheet over and sandwich the 2 sheets together.
4. Brush the pastry with the remaining egg wash and sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup cheese on top. Place the sheets into the freezer for 30 minutes until firm enough to cut.
5. Pre-heat Oven on Moisture Plus at 180°C with 1 manual burst of Steam.
6. Using a large sharp knife, cut across the strips of anchovies to create thin 2 x 9cm long strips and gently twist each strip.
7. Position pastries onto a Baking tray and place into the Oven on shelf position 2, injecting the burst of steam straight away. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
1. Place eggs in a Perforated steam tray. Steam at 65°C for 27 minutes.
2. Remove eggs from the Steam Oven and place each egg in an egg cup and carefully cut the top off the shell and sprinkle with extra thyme leaves prior to serving.