30 g butter
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1½ cups (300 g) risotto rice
1 litre (4 cups) good quality vegetable or chicken stock
150 g sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
2 tbsp lemon juice
1½ cups (120 g) finely grated parmesan
130 g baby spinach leaves
1 cup (140 g) fresh or frozen peas. thawed
¼ cup snipped chives
¼ cup chopped dill leaves
¼ cup chopped basil
Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
⅓ cup (100 g) crème fraîche
- Preheat the combi steam Pro oven on the Fan Plus at 220°C.
- Place the butter, oil and rice into a deep 20 cm x 30 cm metal baking dish.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir until the rice is warmed and coated.
- Change the oven function to Steam at 100°C. Your oven may prompt you to open the door to cool down to 100°C.
- Add the stock to the rice and stir to combine. Return the dish to the oven and steam for 18 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place the sugar snap peas in the perforated steam container and place in the oven. Steam for 2 minutes and remove. Set aside.
- Add the lemon rind, lemon juice and parmesan to the rice and stir for 1 minute. Add the spinach, peas, chives, dill, basil, salt and pepper and stir for 1–2 minutes or until combined and creamy.
- Divide the risotto between serving bowls. Top with the sugar snap peas, a spoonful of crème fraiche and swirl before serving.