225g silverbeet, deveined, roughly chopped
210ml silverbeet water
500g bakers flour
2½ teaspoons dried yeast
½ teaspoon sugar
40ml olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 brown onion, approximately 150g, finely diced
1 teaspoon salt
50g fresh dill, finely chopped
Polenta for dusting
- Place silverbeet on a perforated steam tray, place in the Steam Oven and Steam at 100°C for 1 minute. Cool and squeeze silverbeet dry. Roughly chop and retain the liquid for the bread mix.
- Pour liquid into a measuring jug and add enough water to make up a total volume of 210ml.
- In a bowl of a freestanding mixer, combine yeast, sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour and 75ml of the water. Stand for 10 minutes
- In a non-stick frying pan, sauté the onion and garlic until lightly coloured, allow to cool.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the activated yeast. Using the dough hook attachment knead the dough for 10 minutes on
medium speed. If the dough gets sticky, add more flour.
- Allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes, before transferring into a greased bowl, covered with cling wrap.
- Place bowl onto a baking and roasting rack on shelf position 2. Select Conventional at 40°C and prove dough for 45 minutes.
- Remove dough from the bowl, cut into 2 equal pieces and shape into loaves. Dust a baking tray with polenta, score bread and leave for 10 minutes to rest at room temperature.
- Select Moisture Plus at 210°C with 1 manual burst of steam. When oven is pre-heated, place bread on shelf position 2, releasing the burst of steam immediately. Bake for 25 minutes.