190 g butter, softened
330 g (1 ½ cups) caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
335 g (2 ¼ cups) plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp bicarb soda
½ tsp salt flakes
185 ml (¾ cup) buttermilk
120 g fresh or frozen raspberries, and more to serve
Icing sugar, to serve
- Preheat combi steam pro oven on Cakes Plus at 160°C.
- Place the butter, vanilla and sugar and rind in a bowl of a freestanding mixer with a paddle attachment and beat until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt in another bowl. Add to the butter mixture alternatively with the buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Fold through the raspberries into the cake batter until evenly distributed.
- Pour the cake into a greased 26cm bundt pan. Place into the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
- Sprinkle a little icing sugar over the cake and serve with extra raspberries, if desired.
Alternative appliance method
- The cake can also be made in an oven by cooking it on Fan Plus at 160°C for 50 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
Hints and tips
- If you can’t source buttermilk, you can quickly make your own at home by mixing together 1 tbsp of lemon juice through 1 cup of milk and allowing it to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- If you don’t have a tube pan, a 26cm cake tin will give the same fantastic result.