125 g butter, at room temperature
110 g (½ cup) caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract or paste
150 g (1 cup) plain flour
50 g (½ cup) Dutch-processed cocoa
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt flakes
Dutch-processed cocoa, extra,
200 g chocolate biscuits, crushed
(use recipe below or use store-bought)
50 g butter, melted
375 g cream cheese, at room
1 tsp vanilla extract or paste
100 g (1/3 cup) mascarpone
or sour cream
150 g (¾ cup) caster sugar
50 g raspberries
75 g raspberries
1 tbsp caster sugar, extra
1. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla into the bowl of a freestanding mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix the ingredients using medium speed until light and fluffy, add the egg and mix until incorporated.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix on a low speed until just combined.
3. Place into a container with a lid or cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Place the dough onto a bench; if needed, dust with a little cocoa to stop it from sticking. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 5 mm thick and cut into 5 cm rounds using a pastry cutter.
5. Evenly space the biscuits on a baking tray and place into the oven on Fan Plus at 160°C with the Crisp function activated. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the biscuits are crisp.
6. Crush the biscuits for the cheesecake. Any remaining biscuits can be stored in an airtight container.
1. Combine the crushed biscuits and the melted butter in a small bowl. Divide the mixture evenly between 8 heatproof glasses and press lightly into the base.
2. Place the cream cheese, vanilla, mascarpone and sugar into the bowl of a freestanding mixer with a paddle attachment. Combine the ingredients on a low speed, add the eggs, one at a time and gently mix until almost smooth.
3. Spoon the cream cheese mixture onto the glasses; press the raspberries into the mixture and cover with cling wrap or foil. Place the glasses into a perforated steam container.
4. Place the container into the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for 20 minutes, or until set.
5. Cool the cheesecakes in the fridge until firm.
1. Place the raspberries with the caster sugar into a small heatproof bowl. Place into the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for 1 minute or until soft. Crush and push through a strainer to remove the seeds.
1. Serve the cheesecakes with raspberry coulis and fresh raspberries.
Hints and tips
• You can make your own mascarpone using the recipe on the Miele Experience website.
• Any berries can be used for this dish, but raspberries are particularly delicious with the chocolate biscuits.
• Dutch-processed cocoa makes your mix darker with a deeper chocolate flavour. Most cocoa products in Australia and New Zealand are Dutch-processed.
• To conserve energy it is possible to cook this recipe without preheating the oven thanks to Miele’s quick heat up times.
• This can also be made as a slice in a 20 cm cake tin. Steam the cheesecake at 90°C for 45 minutes.