1 small brown onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
½ fennel bulb, core removed, diced
reserve fennel fronds for garnish
40 g butter
200 g (1 cup) Arborio rice
500 ml (2 cups) fish or vegetable stock
60 ml (¼ cup) verjuice
250 g green prawn meat, diced
120 g (1 cup) peas, fresh or frozen
1 tbsp cream
Salt flakes and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
2 tbsp finely chopped dill
- Place the onion, garlic, fennel and butter into an unperforated steam container and Steam at 100°C for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, stock and verjuice and Steam at 100°C for 18 minutes.
- Add the prawns and peas and Steam at 90°C for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir through the cream, season to taste and add the herbs. Cover with foil and allow to stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Additiaional appliance method
Steam oven with Microwave
- Using the Rapid Steam function on the Steam Microwave will reduce the cooking time for the rice. Steam at 300W + 100°C for 11 minutes
Hints and tips
- Our steam and combi steam Pro ovens have a great feature called “Menu cooking” under Special applications. Choose the ingredients from the options and the oven will prompt when the foods should be added.