1 small onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
½ fennel bulb, core removed, diced
reserve fennel fronds for garnish
40 g butter
¼ cup verjuice
1 cup Arborio rice
250 g prawn meat, diced
2 cups fish or vegetable stock
120 g peas, fresh or frozen
1 tbsp cream
2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
Salt flakes and black pepper,
- Place onion, garlic, fennel and butter into an unperforated steam container and Steam at 100°C for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, stock and verjuice and Steam at 100°C for 18 minutes.
- Add the prawns and peas and Steam at 90°C for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir through the cream, season to taste and add the herbs. Cover with foil and allow to stand for 3-5 minutes before serving.
Hints and tips
- Using the Rapid Steam function on the Steam Microwave will reduce the cooking time for the rice. Steam at 300W + 100°C for 11 minutes.