900 g potatoes, floury
250 g Gouda cheese, grated
400 g cream
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp salt flakes
Pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the cream, garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into slices 3–4 mm thick. Mix the potatoes with the cream and half of the cheese. Transfer to a 26 cm ovenproof dish.
- Top the potatoes with the remaining grated cheese.
- Place the rack into the speed oven on shelf position 2. Put the dish on the rack and select Automatic Programmes + Bakes and Gratins + Potato gratin and follow the prompts on the screen.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and rest for 8-10 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
Hints and tips
- This recipe can also be baked in a preheated oven on Fan Plus at 170°C for 40 minutes.