2 large yellow beetroot
100 g Brussels sprouts
36 large scampi tails, shelled and deveined
½ cup basmati rice
60 ml lime juice
60 ml water
100 ml fish sauce
1½ tsp brown sugar
½ knob ginger, finely grated
1 small garlic glove, finely grated
½ cup grapeseed oil
80 g shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced and sautéed in sesame oil
2 ripe persimmon, peeled
200 ml shiitake dressing
50 g toasted rice
10 g coriander leaves
10 g shiso leaves
- Wrap the beetroot in aluminum foil, place on a universal tray. Roast in the oven on Fan Plus for 2 hours or until soft.
- Remove from the oven and cut into wedges. Set aside.
- Discard the outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts and separate the inner leaves until the leaves are separated.
- Place into a perforated steam container and Steam at 100°C for 1 minute. Cool and set aside.
- Season scampi tails with salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan on high heat, induction setting 8 and add oil. Once the oil is hot, pan fry the scampi tails to medium rare, approximately 1 minute each side.
- In a frying pan, place the rice and toast on medium high heat, induction setting 7 until brown in colour. Lightly crush in a pestle and mortar.
- Combine lime juice, water and fish sauce in a medium-sized bowl. Add sugar, ginger and garlic and whisk until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the grapeseed oil.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms just before dressing the salad.
- Cut the persimmon into wedges, a similar size to the beetroot. Mix the beetroot and persimmon in a bowl with a little bit of the shiitake dressing. Add the steamed Brussel sprouts.
- Place cooked scampi on the plate and arrange the rest of the salad on top. Spoon over the shiitake dressing and sprinkle with some the crushed toasted rice, coriander leaves and shiso leaves.
Hints and tips
- The steam oven’s Blanch function can be also used to steam the Brussel sprout leaves. This function is found under Special Applications.