55 g (⅓ cup) slivered almonds
50 g (⅓ cup) walnuts, chopped
50 g (⅓ cup) pistachios, chopped
80 g (½ cup) pumpkin seeds
1½ tbsp sesame seeds
1½ tbsp flaxseeds
60 g (⅓ cup) dried apricots, chopped
40 g (¼ cup) currants
55 g (⅓ cup) dried dates, chopped
55 g (⅓ cup) dried figs, chopped
240 g (3 cups) oats
35 g (½ cup) shaved coconut
1 orange, zested
150 g honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch salt flakes
1 litre (4 cups) UHT milk
2-3 tbsp yoghurt with live probiotic
- Preheat oven on Fan Plus at 160°C.
- In a medium bowl, combine nuts, seeds, dried fruit, oats, coconut, orange zest and mix well.
- Using a small saucepan on medium-low heat, induction setting 4, heat the honey, cinnamon and salt until it is a pourable consistency.
- Pour the honey over the dry mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking tray. Place on shelf level 2 and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Stir every 5-10 minutes to prevent the honey from burning.
- Allow to cool and firm up on the bench before crumbling up and place into containers.
- Pour the milk into a glass bowl or jar. Add the yoghurt, making sure not to mix through evenly, just drop it into the milk.
- Close the lid on the jar, or cover the bowl tightly with cling wrap.
- Place in the steam oven and Steam at 40°C for 6-10 hours. The longer you steam the yoghurt, the more tart and thick it will become.
- Allow the yoghurt to set in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Hints and tips
- The granola will keep for up to a month.
- The yoghurt will keep for up to 3 weeks.
- Keep 2-3 tablespoons of the yoghurt in the refrigerator to make the next batch of yoghurt.