50 g slivered almonds
50 g walnuts, chopped
50 g pistachios, chopped
60 g dried apricots, chopped
90 g pumpkin seeds
15 g sesame seeds
15 g flaxseeds
250 g oats
30 g shaved coconut
40 g currants
50 g dried dates, chopped
50 g dried figs, chopped
150 g honey
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 orange, zest
1 litre UHT milk
2-3 tbsp yoghurt with live probiotic
- HBB 51 Miele Baking Tray. Buy online here.
- Preheat oven on Fan Plus at 160°C.
- In a medium bowl, combine nuts, seeds, dried fruit, oats, coconut, orange zest and mix well.
- Using a small saucepan on low heat, induction setting 4, heat the honey, cinnamon and salt until it is a pourable consistency.
- Pour the honey over the dry mixture and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking tray. Place on shelf position 2 and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden. Stir every 5-10 minutes to prevent the honey from burning.
- Allow to cool and firm up on the bench before crumbling up and place into containers.
- Pour the milk into a glass bowl or jar. Add the yoghurt, making sure not to mix through evenly, just drop it into the milk.
- Close the lid on the jar, or cover the bowl tightly with cling wrap.
- Place in the steam oven and Steam at 40°C for 6-10 hours. The longer you steam the yoghurt, the more tart and thick it will become.
- Allow the yoghurt to set in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Hints and tips
- The granola will keep for up to a month.
- The yoghurt will keep for up to 3 weeks.
- Keep 2-3 tablespoons of the yoghurt in the refrigerator to make the next batch of yoghurt.