500g bread flour
7g dry instant yeast
350g lukewarm water
10g olive oil
1. Combine flour, salt and yeast in a bowl of a freestanding mixer with a dough hook attachment.
2. Add the water and oil and mix on a low speed until smooth, elastic and glossy; approximately 3 minutes. Tip dough into a bowl which has been lightly coated with cooking oil. Cover with cling wrap.
3. Allow to prove in the Oven on Conventional at 40°C for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
4. Turn-out the dough onto a floured work bench and gently shape into a loaf. Place onto a lightly floured baking tray. Dust the top of the loaf liberally with flour and score with a sharp knife to form a criss-cross pattern.
5. Return loaf into the Oven on Conventional at 40°C for 15-20 minutes to prove.
6. Remove the proved loaf from the Oven and change function. Select: Moisture Plus at 190°C with 2 manual bursts of steam.
7. Place the bread into the pre-heated Oven, shelf position 2 and release 1 burst of steam immediately. Release the second burst after 15 minutes. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until the loaf makes a hollow sound when tapped on the underside.
8. Remove from Oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Alternative appliance method
- Place the loaf in the Dialog oven and start the automatic programme : Bread \ White bread, fresh.
- Alternatively preheat the Dialog oven on Moisture plus at 200°C with 2 manual bursts of steam. Place the bread in the oven on shelf level 2 once heated, releasing the first burst of steam after 1 minutes and the second after 6 minutes. Cook for 12 minutes.
- Change the oven function to M Chef + Conventional heat at 200°C + GU: 90 units + Crisp function OFF. Cook for 23 minutes or until golden.
Oven (without Moisture Plus)
- Replace step 6 and 7 with: Preheat Oven to Fan Plus at 190°C. Place the bread on shelf position 2 and Bake for 25–30 minutes.
Hints and tips
• Automatic program for White bread, replace steps 4 to 7 with: Automatic programs + Bread + White loaf and follow the prompts (proving the shaped loaf is included in this program).
• Kneading by hand will take approximately 10 minutes.