240 g short grain rice
600 ml full cream milk
375 ml cream
75 g caster sugar
1 vanilla bean, split
1 piece lemon peel
½ tsp ground nutmeg
350 g rhubarb, cut into 3cm pieces
50 g sugar
1 orange, zest and juice
½ tsp cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients for the rice pudding into a DGG2 unperforated steam container.
- Combine all ingredients for the rhubarb compote into another unperforated steam container. Place both of the containers into the combi steam Pro oven and create a User Programme: Stage 1 Select Combi steam + Fan Plus at 170°C + 35 minutes + 70% moisture. Stage 2 Select Combi steam + Fan Plus at 170°C +10 minutes + 0% moisture.
- Remove containers from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Spoon rice pudding into warm bowls and top with rhubarb compote.
Hints and tips
- The pudding can be cooked in a porcelain dish, however the timings will vary.
- If you don’t have a combi steam oven, this recipe can also be cooked using Moisture Plus. Preheat the oven on Fan Plus at 160°C. When the oven is at temperature, select Moisture Plus at 160°C with 3 bursts of steam, releasing the bursts of steam at 1 minute, 15 minutes and 30 minutes. Place the rice pudding into the oven on shelf position 2 and cook for 30 minutes. Add the compote in a separate ovenproof dish, alongside the rice pudding and cook for a further 30 minutes.