150 g good quality milk chocolate
90 g salted butter
110 g (½ cup) raw caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
½ tsp instant coffee granules
50 g (⅓ cup) plain flour, sifted
25 g (¼ cup) Dutch processed cocoa powder, sifted
¼ tsp salt flakes
500 g cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp vanilla bean paste or extract
110 g (½ cup) raw sugar caster
2 eggs, room temperature
100 g (⅓ cup) sour cream
125 g fresh raspberries
80 g good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Melt the milk chocolate and butter in a saucepan on low heat, induction setting 4. Set aside to cool.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a freestanding mixer with a whisk attachment and beat on a high speed until light and thick.
- Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture; combine well. Gently fold in the instant coffee, flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a freestanding mixer with a paddle attachment and mix on a low speed until smooth. Add the vanilla and sugar and beat until smooth again.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add the sour cream and beat gently until just combined.
- Line a 22 cm square baking pan with baking paper.
- Pour in the brownie mixture, sprinkle over half of the raspberries and dark chocolate, then pour over the cheesecake mixture and sprinkling with the remaining raspberries and dark chocolate.
- Place the pan on shelf level 1 and select Moisture Plus with Intensive Bake at 160⁰C with two bursts of steam, releasing a burst of steam immediately and the second burst of steam at 10 minutes. Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place into the fridge to set for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Slice into 12 pieces.
Hints and tips
- Opt for another fresh berry like blackberries or blueberries if you can’t get hold of fresh raspberries. Frozen raspberries will add too much excess water to the batter, resulting in a split or possibly curdled result.
- To conserve energy, it is possible to cook this recipe without preheating the oven thanks to Miele’s quick heat up times.