½ cup almonds
¼ cup pine nuts
½ cauliflower, cut into small florets
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt flakes, to taste
¼ cup currants
½ bunch parsley, chopped
½ bunch mint, chopped
1 lemon, zest
1 tbsp tamarind syrup
- Preheat oven on Fan Plus at 160°C.
- Place the almonds and pine nuts on a baking in the oven on shelf position 2 and roast for 5-8 minutes, or until golden.
- Switch the oven to Fan Grill at 200°C and allow to preheat.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a bowl and toss with some oil to coat and a generous pinch of salt. Place on a grilling and roast insert onto a multi-purpose tray.
- Place the tray of cauliflower in the oven on shelf position 5 and grill for 10-12 minutes, or until you have a nice golden colour and the cauliflower has softened.
- Place the verjuice and currants in a small saucepan. Heat on medium-high heat, induction setting 7, until the verjuice begins to boil. Remove from the heat and transfer to a salad bowl, allow to cool in the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Add to the salad bowl along with the currants, lemon zest and tamarind syrup.
- Stir to combine before adding in the nuts and herbs, stir again.
- Once the cauliflower has cooked, transfer directly to the bowl and gently toss the salad until everything is evenly combined.
- Place on a large plate or serving dish and serve immediately.