5 yaki nori seaweed sheets
1 tbs onion powder
1/3 cup salt
1 tbs sesame seeds
3 potatoes, sliced into 1mm
thin slices, soaked in room
1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1½ tbs tahini paste
1½ tbs miso paste
1 lemon, juiced
1 tsp sherry vinegar
85ml extra virgin olive oil
1 litre olive oil for frying
1. Peel and roughly chop carrots. Place in a perforated steam container and Steam at 100°C for 1 hour 30 minutes.
2. Whilst the carrots are steaming, pre-heat the oil in a wok, or deep saucepan to 160°C on medium-high heat, Induction setting 6-7.
3. In a blender, combine the seaweed, onion powder, salt and sesame seeds. Blitz until it all combines into a fine powder. Place in a container and reserve.
4. Drain the potato slices and fry in small batches until crisp and golden, season while
hot with salt.
5. Remove the cooked carrot from the Steam Oven and blend in a food processor along with garlic, tahini paste, lemon juice, miso and vinegar until smooth, season to taste with salt and lemon juice.
6. While processing, add the olive oil slowly to emulsify and finish the dip.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with chips and a cocktail.
Hints and tips
• The chips will stay crisp in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
• Any leftover salt can be used to season any seafood.
• The dip will keep for up to one week in the refrigerator.
• Potatoes to be as fresh as possible, Desiree or King William potatoes are well suited for this recipe. Store below 8ºC to prevent carbohydrate developing.