60 g pecans
185 g plain flour
125 g unsalted butter, cold, diced
2 tsp caster sugar
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
80 ml iced water
360 g fresh or frozen blueberries
60 g caster sugar
1 tbsp corn flour
2 tsp orange zest
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp milk for glazing
2 tbsp demerara sugar, extra
1. In a bowl of a food processor, place flour, pecans, sugar, salt and cinnamon and pulse to form a coarse meal texture.
2. Add butter and pulse until large bread crumbs form and then add the water and process until just combined.
3. Turn out dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap, form into a disc and chill for at least an hour.
4. Pre-heat oven on Intensive Bake at 170°C. Place a baking tray on shelf position 1 and allow to heat for 10 minutes.
1. In a bowl toss blueberries, corn flour, orange zest, lemon juice and caster sugar until combined.
2. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a diameter of approximately 30cm and 5mm thick. This is a rustic tart; don’t be too concerned about achieving the perfect shape!
3. Line 27cm round baking tray with the pastry. If the pastry cracks or breaks, just patch back together.
4. Pile blueberry filling into the centre of the pastry with a 5cm border of pastry around the edges.
5. Fold pastry edges over filling, overlapping slightly. Brush pastry with milk and sprinkle with demerara sugar.
6. Bake galette for 40 minutes until filling is bubbling. Remove from oven and cool.
1. Slice into 10 portions and serve with vanilla bean crème fraiche.