75 g unsalted butter
75 g (½ cup) plain flour
1 litre (4 cups) full cream milk
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp salt flakes
2 tsp chilli flakes
200 g cheddar, grated
200 g mozzarella, grated
100 g parmesan, grated
½ tsp pepper or to taste
500 g macaroni pasta
1 tbsp salt flakes
140 g (2 cups) panko breadcrumbs
¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp chilli flakes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp salt flakes
60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil, approximately
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat, induction setting 5.
2. Add the flour and cook until the flour slightly changes colour to achieve a blonde roux.
3. Whisk in the milk, Dijon mustard, salt and the chilli flakes, ensuring there are no lumps and bring to the boil on medium-high heat, induction setting 7.
4. Once boiled, reduce to low heat, induction setting 4 and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Whisk the cheese into the sauce until melted and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Reduce heat to induction setting 3. Place a piece of baking paper or cling wrap directly on the surface of the sauce and keep warm until ready for use.
1. Place the pasta and salt into an unperforated steam container and cover with water, at least 3 cm over the pasta. Place into the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for the duration indicated on the packet.
2. Drain pasta, add to the Béchamel sauce and mix well. Pour into a baking dish approximately 32 cm x 17 cm and top with the bocconcini.
3. Preheat the oven on Fan Plus at 180°C.
4. Scatter the topping evenly over the pasta and generously drizzle with olive oil.
5. Place into the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden.
1. In a bowl, mix all of the topping ingredients until combined.
1. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes prior to serving with a seasonal salad.
Alternative appliance methods
- Select MW combi mode, MW + Fan Plus. Set the oven to 300W + Fan Plus 200°C for 28 minutes.