500 g macaroni pasta
1 tbsp salt
75 g unsalted butter
75 g plain flour
1 litre full cream milk
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp salt
2 tsp of chilli flakes
200 g vintage cheddar, grated
200 g mozzarella, grated
100 g parmesan, grated
½ tsp pepper or to taste
2 cups panko breadcrumbs
¼ bunch parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp chilli flakes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp salt flakes
50-70 ml olive oil
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat, induction setting 5.
2. Add the flour and cook until the flour slightly changes colour to achieve a blonde roux.
3. Whisk in the milk, Dijon mustard, salt and the chilli flakes, ensuring there are no lumps and bring to the boil on medium-high heat, induction setting 7.
4. Once boiled, reduce to low heat, induction setting 4 and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Whisk the cheese into the sauce until melted and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Reduce heat to induction setting 3. Place a piece of baking paper or cling wrap directly on the surface of the sauce and keep warm until ready for use.
1. In a bowl, mix all of the topping ingredients until combined.
1. Place the pasta and salt into an unperforated steam container and cover with water, at least 3 cm over the pasta. Place into the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for the duration indicated on the packet.
2. Drain pasta, add to the Bechamel sauce and mix well. Pour into a baking dish approximately 32 cm x 17 cm and top with the bocconcini.
3. Preheat the oven on Fan Plus at 180°C.
4. Scatter the topping evenly over the pasta and generously drizzle with olive oil.
5. Place into the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden.
1. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes prior to serving with a seasonal salad.
Hints and tips
• For cooking in a Speed Oven, select MW combi mode, MW+Fan Plus. Set the oven to 300W + Fanplus 200 degrees for 28 minutes.