1 punnet strawberries
1 litre water
4 sprigs lemon verbena
1 tbsp honey
600 ml fermented strawberry liquid
120 ml gin
120 ml Maidenii dry vermouth
1 lemon juiced
4 mint branches, leaves picked and crushed
- Place a clean preserving jar into the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for 15 minutes to sterilise the jar. Allow to cool.
- Place the ingredients into the sterilised preserving jar. Mix well and cover with cloth or towel and a rubber band to seal.
- Leave on the bench to ferment for a minimum of two days, but up to ten days if you prefer a stronger ferment. Once ready, strain off and store the liquid in the refrigerator.
- Pour all the ingredients into a jug. Give it a good stir and leave to infuse the mint for ten minutes.
- Strain off and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When guests arrive, pour over ice and garnish with a fresh herbs and flowers.
Hints and tips
- Dried lemon myrtle or lemon leaves can be substituted if you can’t source lemon verbena.