5 egg whites
1¼ cups caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon white vinegar
2 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
1 punnet blueberries
1 punnet raspberries
1 punnet strawberries, sliced
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition until meringue is stiff and shiny. Continue to beat once all sugar is incorporated for 5 minutes.
- Fold in vanilla and vinegar.
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread mixture on the baking paper to form a circle approx. 3-4 cm deep.
- Place tray on level 1. Select Fan plus 110°C and bake for 1 hr 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 30°C and continue to cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Whip cream and icing sugar until soft peaks form and just before serving, spread cream onto pavlova and arrange fresh berries on top.
Hints and tips
- For individual pavlovas: spoon mounds of meringue (approx. 8cm diameter)) onto 1 baking tray & 1 multi-purpose tray lined with baking paper. Place on levels1 & 3.
- Bake at 110°C for 45 minutes and 30°C for a further 20 minutes.