¼ red cabbage
1 red onion
½ small daikon radish
2 long red chillies
5 spring onions (green onions)
1 lemon, finely zested
1 bunch coriander, washed
2 stems Vietnamese mint
1 clove garlic, crushed
100g bean sprouts, debearded
60ml coconut water
60ml rice vinegar
Juice of 2 limes
60ml fish sauce
125ml sunflower oil
A pinch chilli flakes
½ cup roasted crushed peanuts
- Thinly slice cabbage, wombok and onion on a mandolin into a large bowl.
- Change the blade on the mandolin to a “spaghetti” blade and slice the carrot and daikon.
- Slice the chillies very finely lengthways.
- Finely slice the spring onions on the diagonal.
- Pick the leaves of the coriander and Vietnamese mint.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a clean screw top jar. Secure the lid and shake well to combine.
- Gently toss all salad ingredients together.
- Dress lightly just before serving and garnish with crushed peanuts.
Hints and tips
- A mandolin is a slicer used for slicing very thinly. They are widely available through Asian grocers or online. If you do not have a mandolin, finely slice or use slice attachment
on a food processor.
- Debeard bean sprouts by using your fingers to snap off the stringy tail.