4 Cloudy Bay surf clams
50gm Jamón, roasted until crispy then roughly chopped
250ml olive oil
4 cloves garlic, roasted and chopped
2 tablespoons Chardonnay vinegar
Salt to taste
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup fresh coriander leaves
¼ cup fresh oregano leaves
1 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley, stems removed
Steamed cloudy bay clams
1. Place the clams into a perforated steam tray and place in Steam Oven.
2. Steam at 100°C for 3 minutes.
3. Remove the clams from Steam Oven and separate the meat from the shell. Reserve shells.
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse 2–3 times; scrape the mixture down the sides using a rubber spatula. Repeat the process until a thick sauce forms.
1. Place shells on a serving dish. Top shells with cooked clams and
tablespoons of chimichurri sauce.
2. Garnish with crispy Jamón.
• Chimichurri is a South American condiment/marinade perfect for
barbecued cuts of meat
• Jamón is a dry cured Spanish ham. Substitute with prosciutto if