350 g (3 cups) plain flour
¼ tsp salt flakes
175 g unsalted butter, softened
165 g (¾ cup) caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
1 egg yolk
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla into the bowl of a freestanding mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg yolk and mix until combined.
- Gently fold the remaining flour into the butter mixture and shape into a ball. Place into an airtight container and place into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough between two silicone sheets or baking paper until 3 mm thick.
- Cut round cookies using a 6 cm fluted round cookie cutter. Cut a smaller shape into the centres of half of the rounds using a smaller cutter or end of a piping nozzle. Gently roll out the excess pastry to make more cookies.
- Place the cookies into the oven on Fan Plus at 170°C and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- When cool, place a teaspoon of the raspberry jam on the whole cookies. Sprinkle icing sugar on the remaining cookies and place on top of the jam.