4 whole quail (approximately 250g
½ cup olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
4 rashers of streaky bacon,
2 bay leaves
250ml dry white wine
250ml chicken stock
100g fresh peas
100g broad beans
¼ cup rosemary and thyme,
Chorizo and Corn Stuffing
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup corn kernels
2 stalks celery, trimmed and chopped
200g loose chorizo
100g medjool dates, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves
400g cornbread, finely chopped
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Chorizo and corn stuffing
1. Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, Induction setting 7, add butter, onions, garlic, corn kernels and celery and cook for 4-5 minutes. Allow to cool.
2. Once cooled, add chorizo, dates, sage and bread. Add seasoning if required.
1. Season the quails inside with salt and pepper. Stuff each quail loosely before tying with kitchen twine.
2. Pre-heat oven on Moisture Plus at 180°C, with 1 burst of steam and follow the prompts.
3. Heat half the oil in a gourmet casserole dish over medium heat, Induction setting 7.
4. Add quail and cook, turning occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, until browned. Set aside.
5. Heat the remaining oil and butter in the casserole dish; add onion, garlic, bacon and bay leaves and cook, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes, until golden.
6. Add wine and stock and bring to a simmer.
7. Add quail, breast-side up, then place in the oven on shelf position 2. Release a burst of steam and roast for 18-20 minutes, until cooked through.
8. Remove from the oven and place on the cooktop. Remove the quail from the dish and leave to rest.
9. Add peas, broad beans and herbs and place on medium heat, induction setting 7 and reduce by half.
1. Remove twine from the quail and place on a platter, spoon over the sauce with the peas and broad beans.
2. Garnish with deep-fried sage leaves.