Peri peri chicken marinade
12 small red chillies, seeds removed
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lime, juiced
½ tsp salt flakes
¼ tsp cracked black pepper
2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 jalapeño chilli, minced
2 cups mixed coloured quinoa, rinsed
2 cups vegetable stock
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp chilli powder
2 tsp salt flakes
½ tsp cracked black pepper
2 medium sweetcorn cobs,
1 x 425 g tin black beans, drained
2 medium avocados, cubed
250 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 large red capsicum, diced
½ medium red onion, finely diced
2 limes, juiced
½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
Sour cream (optional)
DGG3 – Unperforated steam container
Peri peri chicken
1. Prepare the peri peri marinade by adding the ingredients into a food processor. Process until well combined.
2. Place the chicken in a glass or ceramic dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 4 hours.
1. Place oil, garlic, jalapeño chilli, quinoa, stock, cumin, chilli powder, salt and pepper into a large unperforated steam container. Place into the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for 17 minutes.
2. Add the corn kernels to the container and steam for a further 3 minutes.
3. Add the black beans to the container and steam for a further 3 minutes.
4. Remove the quinoa and stand for 5 minutes before adding avocado, cherry tomatoes, capsicum, onion, lime juice and coriander. Mix to combine.
1. Place the peri peri chicken into an unperforated steam container and Steam at 85˚C for 15 minutes.
2. In a frying pan over high heat, induction setting 8, sear the chicken until browned on all sides. Rest for 5 minutes.
3. Thickly slice the chicken breast and serve on a platter alongside the quinoa salad.
4. Garnish with fresh coriander and lime wedges. Serve with sour cream (optional).
Hints and tips
• Cooking time of chicken may vary depending on thickness.
• 1 average sized lime should yield approximately 2 tbsp when juiced.
• If unavailable, replace fresh jalapeños with preserved ones, approximately 10 slices to replace 1 whole jalapeño.
• This recipe is of mild heat, if you prefer hot and spicy, add additional jalapeños and chilli powder to taste.