750 ml (3 cups) chicken stock
½ tsp saffron threads
125 ml (½ cuo) olive oil
2 brown onions, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 chorizo, diced into 2 cm pieces
300 g Bomba rice
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
80 g (⅓ cup) tomato puree
1 red capsicum, finely chopped
4 x chicken thighs fillets, cut into 2cm
200 g shell- on prawns
300 g mixed seafood (mussels, pipis,
120 g (1 cups) frozen peas
Spring onions, charred
1. Preheat Oven on Intensive Bake at 200°C.
2. In a large saucepan on medium-high heat, induction setting 7, bring the chicken stock to the boil. Add in the saffron and reduce heat to medium-low, Induction setting 4. Allow saffron to infuse for 5-10 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in an Induction compatible casserole dish on a medium-high heat, Induction setting 7. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add in the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add the chorizo into the onion mix, cook for a few minutes followed by the rice. Stir for a further 3 to 4 minutes to lightly toast the rice.
5. Add the spices followed by the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and capsicum. Stir well to coat.
6. Add the saffron stock and mix thoroughly. Cover the top of the rice with a sheet of baking paper.
7. Place into the oven on shelf level 2. Cook for 20 minutes.
8. Add the chicken thighs, prawns, seafood and peas. Gently push into the rice.
9. Return the paper to the top of the dish and cook for a further 10-12 minutes or until chicken and seafood are cooked.
1. Top with lemon wedges, parsley and charred spring onions.
Hint and tips
• Bomba is a short-grain Spanish rice that has the ability to absorb 1.5 times the amount of liquid. Substitute with Arborio rice.