500 g (3 ⅓ cups) plain flour
120 g (¾ cup) icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
375 g butter, softened
1 lemon, zested
½ tsp dried ground lemon myrtle
- Place the ingredients into a large bowl. Rub in the butter to form a breadcrumb like mixture, then gently knead to form a soft dough.
- Form into a large rectangular shape, wrap in cling wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough to 1 cm thickness and cut into shapes using a 6 cm round cutter, or cutter of your choice. Place the cookies onto 2 baking trays.
- Place the baking trays into the oven on shelf levels 2 and 4 and bake for 15 minutes on Fan Plus at 160°C until cooked on the base and lightly golden.
- Cool and lightly dust the cookies with extra icing sugar.
Alternative flavour combinations
Pistachio and cranberry
- Remove the lemon myrtle and add ⅓ cup chopped pistachios and ⅓ cup craisins.
- Substitute the lemon myrtle and lemon zest with the zest of 2 oranges.
- Remove the lemon myrtle and lemon zest and fold through ½ cup roughly chopped good quality chocolate.
White chocolate and raspberry
- Remove the lemon myrtle and lemon zest and fold through ¼ cup roughly chopped good quality white chocolate and 2 tbsp freeze dried raspberries.
Hints and tips
- To conserve energy, you can cook this recipe without preheating the oven thanks to Miele’s quick heat up times.
- Our baking trays do not need to be lined in most recipes due to Miele’s non-stick PerfectClean finish.