70 g butter
200 g caster sugar
5 eggs, separated
1 lemon, zest
100 ml lemon juice (approximately 2 lemons)
60 g self-raising flour
300 ml milk
20 g butter
50 g caster sugar
- Grease 12 x 160 ml ramekins with butter and dust with sugar.
- Place the butter, 70g of sugar, egg yolks and zest in a large bowl and gently whisk to combine.
- Add the lemon juice and stir gently through the flour.
- Add the milk, gently whisk until combined. Mixture will be runny.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form, add the remaining sugar and whisk again. Fold into the lemon mixture in 3 separate batches.
- Fill the ramekins 5 mm from the rim.
- Place the ramekins into a perforated steam container. Place into the combi steam oven on shelf position 2.
- Select Combi Mode:
Stage 1: Fan Plus at 165°C + 45% moisture + 16 minutes.
Stage 2: Fan Plus at 165°C with zero moisture + 7 minutes.
- Once cooked, refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before turning out upside down.
- Lightly whip fresh cream to serve.
Hints and tips
- A variation would be to serve with pistachio ice cream and grated pistachio on top.