190g left over grain salad (see Lamb backstrap recipe)
1 egg, whisked
¼ cup olive oil
1 pomegranate, seeded
50g Greek yoghurt
- Place the grain salad in a mixing bowl and add enough egg to bind into patties.
- Shape the mixture into approximately 2 equal sized patties.
- Place a pan on a medium heat, Induction setting 6, with the oil.
- Carefully cook the patties for 2-3 minutes each side or until nice and golden.
- Serve the patties with dollops of yoghurt, pomegranate and fresh coriander leaves.
Hints and Tips
- Alternatively, add a handful of spinach leaves and cherry tomatoes into the grain salad and top with a can of tuna or shredded BBQ chicken.
- A delicious way to get some calcium rich yoghurt into your day.
- If you are having difficulty binding the patties together, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of flour to the mixture. Any flour of your choice will work to bind the patties.