1 litre UHT milk
2-3 tablespoons of yoghurt with
- Pour the milk into a glass bowl or jar, add the yoghurt to the milk, but make sure not to mix through evenly, just plop it in.
- Close the lid on the jar, or cover the bowl tightly with glad wrap.
- Place in the steam oven and steam at 40°C for 6-10 hours. The longer you steam the yoghurt, the more tart and thick it will become.
- Allow the yoghurt to set in the refrigerator and use any way you like.
Hints and Tips
- The yoghurt will last for about 3 weeks, but make sure when you get towards the end to keep some as a starter for your next batch.
- Rich in protein, yoghurt is a great option for supporting ongoing recovery after training.
- Combine with some fresh and / or steamed fruit and low GI carbohydrates, like rolled oats and/or untoasted muesli, for a healthy breakfast or dessert.