1.5kg large Desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into eighths
200g duck fat
35g plain flour
2 bulbs of garlic, halved horizontally
4 sprigs rosemary
2 sprigs thyme
Murray River Sea Salt to taste
1. Arrange potatoes in a perforated steam tray, place in the Steam Oven and steam at 100°C for 8 minutes.
2. Remove from the Steam Oven, drain any excess water and shake potatoes to roughen the edges. Allow to dry out at room temperature
for 10 minutes.
3. Pre-heat the oven on Fan Plus at 220°C.
4. Add duck fat to a Gourmet oven dish and place into the oven on shelf position 2 for 5 minutes, or until duck fat is melted.
5. Toss potatoes in flour, coating evenly and carefully add potatoes into the oven dish, gently coating in duck fat. Add garlic, rosemary
and thyme, season with salt to taste.
6. Reduce the temperature to 200°C and cook for 45 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, turning halfway through to ensure all sides
are evenly cooked.
7. Transfer potatoes to a pre-warmed bowl, season to taste and serve.
• Duck fat can be purchased from gourmet delicatessens and food stores.
• Suitable potatoes for roasting include varieties such as Desiree, Nicola, Dutch Cream, King Edward and Pink Eye.