1 litre cream
2 cinnamon sticks
2 oranges, finely zested
1 vanilla bean, split with seeds reserved
250 g egg yolks
140 g caster sugar
50 ml orange juice
500 g dried apricots
250 ml verjuice
250 ml water
2-4 tbsp honey
2 stems rosemary
1. Place the cream into an unperforated steam tray along with cinnamon, orange zest, vanilla bean and seeds. Steam at 100°C for 10 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yolks and sugar until well combined. Add the orange juice and stir to combine.
3. Remove the cream from the Steam oven and stand for a few minutes to cool slightly then pass through a sieve into a clean jug. Discard any solids.
4. While still warm, whisk cream into the egg mixture until fully combined. Divide evenly between 3 oven-safe serving bowls and place onto a perforated steam tray.
5. Preheat the combi steam oven on Conventional at 120°C.
6. Once preheated, change function to Combination mode. Select: Conventional at 120°C + 20 minutes + 65% moisture.
7. Place tray into Oven on shelf position 2 and bake until the Crema has set with a slight wobble.
8. Remove from the Oven and cool for 10 minutes at room temperature. Transfer to the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
1. Place the apricots along with the verjuice and water into an unperforated steam tray. Steam at 100°C for 4 minutes.
2. Remove from the oven and strain verjuice liquid into a clean saucepan. Transfer apricots into a heat-proof container.
3. Add the honey and rosemary to the verjuice liquid. Adjust to taste, adding more honey if required. Bring to a simmer on medium to high heat, Induction setting 7. Simmer for 2 minutes or until bubbling and deep golden.
4. While hot, pour the syrup back over the apricots and set aside to cool.
1. Remove the Crema from the fridge and dust lightly with caster sugar.
2. Using a blow torch, caramelise the sugar on top of the crema. Serve immediately with apricots on the side.
Hints and tips
• The Crema Catalanas will keep covered in the Refrigerator for up to 3 days.
• Apricots will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.