1.5 kg mussels, live | cleaned, de-bearded
1 kg clams, live
200 g shallots | peeled, sliced into rings
350 g prawn tails, raw | no shell
250 g squid tubes | sliced into rings
200 g baby octopus
250 g peas, fresh or frozen and defrosted
2 cups of pea tendrils or micro herbs
500 ml water
170 ml white wine vinegar
85 g caster sugar
20 g salt flakes
1 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp Aleppo chilli flakes
130 g coriander, fresh | white roots removed
1 garlic clove
1 tsp cumin | ground
2 tsp caster sugar
1/8 tsp citric acid
40 ml water
15 ml sherry vinegar
65 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp Aleppo chilli flakes
1. Place mussels and clams onto a large perforated steam container with an unperforated steam container underneath. Place into steam oven and Steam at 100°C for 5 minutes. Set a timer for 4 minutes.
2. Place the pickling liquid ingredients into an unperforated steam container.
3. Place the shallots into a perforated steam container.
4. When the timer reaches 4 minutes place both trays into the steam oven and continue cooking.
5. Strain the solids from the pickling liquid.
6. Remove mussels and clams from their shells and pick out any debris from inside the meat, place in a bowl. Cover with pickling liquid, allow to cool on the bench for 10 minutes then place in the fridge to place for at least 6 hours or overnight. Reserve some of the shells for later.
7. Place the shallots in a bowl and cover with pickling liquid, allow to cool on the bench
for 10 minutes then chill in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
8. Place the prawns, squid and baby octopus onto a large perforated steam container with an unperforated steam container underneath. Place into the steam oven and Steam at 70°C for 10 minutes.
9. Allow to cool on the bench for 10 minutes then place in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
1. Wash the coriander, drain and chop into smaller pieces.
2. Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
1. Toss the prawns, squid, baby octopus, ½ cup of the mojo cilantro and the pea tendrils lightly together.
2. Drain the mussels, clams and shallots and combine with the peas and ½ tbsp Aleppo chilli.
3. Place a little of each on the plate, filling the reserved mussel and clam shells with their meat.
4. Place the remaining mojo cilantro and Aleppo chilli on the table for people to help themselves.