4 medium sized pickling red onions, halved
100g crab meat
1 tbs lemon oil
½ tbs coriander, finely chopped
½ tbs fennel fronds, finely chopped
100ml Greek yoghurt dressing
Greek yoghurt dressing
100g store-bought or home-made Greek yoghurt
½ tbs chardonnay vinegar
20ml olive oil
¼ tsp caster sugar
10ml lemon juice
Salt flakes, to taste
1. Place the crab and lemon oil into a small vacuum seal bag and place into Vacuum Sealing Drawer and Vacuum on Setting 3, Sealing setting 3.
2. Place in a Perforated steam tray and Steam at 80°C for 2 minutes.
3. Add cooked crab meat with coriander and fennel in a bowl and combine. Set aside.
4. Place onions flesh side down in a heavy-based frying pan on medium heat, Induction setting 5 with some olive oil and slowly caramelise until cooked, approximately 20 minutes.
5. Turn onions over and cook for about 5 minutes. Allow to cool enough to handle and remove the inner layers. Keep warm.