500g premium beef mince
500g pork mince
2 heads of fennel, stalks removed
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp fennel seeds
3 red chillies, seeds removed, diced
3 green chillies, seeds removed and diced
300g fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp salt flakes
½ tsp ground white pepper
1 fresh pineapple, peeled
Pumpkin seed slaw
1 beetroot, grated
100g carrot, grated
200g cabbage, thinly sliced
90g pepita seeds, lightly toasted
2 tbs white wine vinegar
1 tbs chives, finely sliced
Black pepper, to taste
Salt flakes, to taste
Bread rolls – brioche, ciabatta of choice
Condiments of choice
Watercress, picked and washed
1. Place beef and pork mince into a large bowl and set aside.
2. Sauté fennel, onion, garlic, fennel seeds and chilli on medium heat, Induction setting 6 until cooked through and translucent. Cool.
3. Mix all ingredients together with the meat until well combined.
4. Shape burgers according to your size preference: 50g for slider size and 110g for large burgers. Patties should be approximately 1½ cm thick.
5. Pre-heat Oven on Fan Grill at 200°C. Place burgers evenly onto a Baking tray, leaving room for the grilled pineapple.
1. Peel and slice pineapple into 1cm thick rounds. Add to the tray with the burgers on shelf position 5. Grill for 8-12 minutes depending on the size of burger.
Pumpkin seed slaw
1. Mix all ingredients together and season to taste.
1. Split rolls in half, spread with favourite condiment, top with slaw, burger, pineapple and watercress.
Hints and Tips
• Miele’s Brioche or No Knead Ciabatta recipe – 60g for slider and 90g for large rolls.
• Meat Loaf: place burger mixture into a loaf pan on Moisture Plus at 180°C, for approximately 1 hour. Releasing 2 bursts of steam, 1 burst immediately and 1 burst after 20 minutes.