|4 medium celeriac, tops removed, washed
1kg rock salt
Vegetable oil for frying
Egg yolk sauce
|4 egg yolks
200g cooking salt
200ml clarified butter
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
30ml lemon juice
|1 bunch chives, finely chopped
½ cup flaked almonds, toasted
1 jar Yarra Valley caviar
1. Pre-heat oven Fan Plus 180°C. Oil and salt the celeriac.
2. Line a multi-purpose tray with baking paper and fill with 1 kg rock salt. Place celeriac on the salt bed and Cook for 30 minutes on shelf position 2.
3. Turn celeriac over and cook for a further 30 minutes until it is tender but not too soft.
4. Remove celeriac from oven and leave to cool. Once cool enough to handle, slice the tops and skin with a sharp knife.
5. Place the peeled celeriac into the refrigerator to cool completely.
6. Place all the celeriac trimmings into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form.
7. Heat a medium saucepan on Induction setting 6 and fill with 4cm vegetable oil. When oil is ready, place the celeriac trimmings into the saucepan and fry until golden brown. Stirring constantly for approximately 5 minutes.
8. Drain on paper lined tray and season well. Set aside.
Egg yolk sauce
|1.||Cover a small tray generously with half of the cooking salt. Place 4 egg yolks on the tray and sprinkle the remainder of the salt over it.|
|2.||Leave to cure for 45 minutes.|
|3.||Once cured, rinse the salt off the yolks and place in a jug. Add lemon juice and Dijon mustard.|
|4.||Process using an immersion hand blender and gradually add in the clarified butter.|
|5.||If the sauce thickens too much, add a splash of warm water.|
1. Pre-heat oven on Fan Grill to 200°C. Slice cooled celeriac into half from top to bottom. Slice each half into 2cm thick slices. Put sliced celeriac on a multi-purpose tray and brush with some olive oil.
2. Fan Grill for 10 minutes until celeriac is lightly brown. Remove from Oven and place in the middle of a warm serving plate.
3. Generously cover with egg yolk sauce. Garnish with fried celeriac trimmings, toasted almonds, chives and caviar. Serve immediately.
- Clarified butter is melted butter where the whey or milk solids have been removed.