2 cups green beans, topped and tailed
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon grated ginger
Finely chopped chilli to your liking
1 tablespoon shredded coriander leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of white sugar
3 tablespoons flaked almonds
Sea salt flakes
1. On medium-high heat, Induction setting 7, toast almonds in a dry frying pan, tossing regularly, set aside.
2. In a small glass jar place lemon juice, vinegar, fish sauce, ginger, chilli, coriander, oil and sugar. Screw the lid on and shake to emulsify the dressing.
3. In a small saucepan bring water with a good pinch of salt to the boil on high heat, Induction setting 9, or Boost function.
4. Add beans to the boiling salted water and blanch for 3-4 minutes, depending on cooking doneness of the beans.
5. Drain beans, place in a bowl and add half of the dressing to the warm beans, toss the beans in the dressing. Add more dressing if desired.
6. Place in a serving bowl then sprinkle with toasted almond flakes.
Hints and tips
- Green beans can be substituted with sugar snap peas and snow peas. Reduce cooking time for sugar snap peas and snow peas to 1-2 minutes.