½ cup (120mls) Verjuice
600mls thickened cream
150mls whole milk
100gms parmesan, grated
2 fresh bay leaves
6 white peppercorns
12 free range egg yolks
Pinch of seas salt and freshly cracked black pepper to season
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place the Verjuice into a small sauce pan and bring to the boil on induction setting 9. Reduce heat to setting 5 and reduce to 1 tablespoon. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the cream, milk, parmesan, bay leaves and peppercorns into a medium size pot.
- Place over medium heat, induction setting 5, to bring the mixture to approximately 75°C. Reduce heat to setting 1 for 5 minutes to infuse the flavours into the cream & milk.
- Remove from the heat and strain the mixture into the egg yolks.
- Add the Verjuice and whisk together until well incorporated, taste the mixture and adjust the season if need be.
- Divide the mixture into the 9 x 120mls moulds and place the lid on, place into the steam oven on 90°C universal setting for 30 minutes.
- Remove the custards from the steam oven and allow to sit for 3 to 5 minutes, then turn out onto a serving dish, dress with olive oil and freshly cracked black pepper.