1 egg yolk
75ml vegetable oil
500g chicken thigh mince
15g grated ginger
25g white sesame seeds, toasted
45g white miso paste
45g spring onions, finely chopped
- Place egg yolk into the smallest bowl of a food processor and blitz, slowly drizzling the oil into the yolk to form a thick emulsion.
- Mix chicken and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add enough tamago moto to combine.
- Place mixture in a piping bag and cut a 2.5cm hole at the tip.
- Line the solid steam tray with baking paper. Pipe long lengths of the chicken mixture 1cm apart, onto the baking paper.
- Steam at 80°C for 12 minutes.
- Place in refrigerator to cool and set. Cut into 6cm lengths and skewer with 9cm bamboo skewers.
- Remove from the refrigerator and stand the chicken for 20 minutes before browning.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan on a medium heat, Induction setting 7, and cook until golden brown and the chicken is warmed through.
- Serve with a light sprinkling of sansho pepper and finish with a squeeze of lemon.
Hints and tips
- Sansho S&B brand, is available at most Asian grocery store