500g ready rolled puff pastry
600g assorted coloured cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon butter, finely diced
Basil leaves, picked and washed
125g goats curd or fetta
1. Pre-heat on Intensive Bake at 200°C.
2. Place the pastry on a floured bench and cut a round puff pastry circle to the size of the 23cm oven proof frying pan being used.
Keep chilled until ready to use and dock with a fork.
3. Combine cherry tomatoes, sugar, oil, vinegar in a bowl, season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss well.
4. Arrange the tomatoes on the bottom of a 23cm frying pan. Pour any remaining liquid over tomatoes and sprinkle with finely diced butter.
5. Place the puff pastry on top of the tomatoes. Tuck sides of the pastry in around the tomatoes.
6. Place the frying pan on a rack and shelf position 1 with the handle facing the door. Bake for 45 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
7. Leave to stand for 5 minutes then invert tart onto a serving plate.
1. Crumble goat’s fetta or spoon dollops of curd over the tomatoes and garnish with basil leaves.