3 cups watermelon, diced
15 cherries, pitted
½ cup mint leaves
1 lime, juiced
2 litres sparkling water
4 sprigs basil
1 finger lime
6 cherries, pitted
4 thin slices watermelon
- Place the watermelon into a 2 litre glass jug. Crush with a wooden spoon and add the cherries. Squash the mixture again. Bruise the mint and mix in.
- Add a few handfuls of ice and mix well. Add the lime juice. Top with sparkling water and mix well.
- Serve in a large wine glass over lots of ice. Garnish with basil, cherries and squeeze over some finger lime.
- Top up again with sparkling water for a second round.
- If unavailable, finger limes can be substituted with limes.
- Vodka or gin can be added for an alcoholic version.