1kg fresh black mussels
1 golden shallot, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
20g pickled ginger, sliced
2 tsp mirin
1 tbs tamari
300ml coconut cream
2 tbs miso paste
2 red chillies, thinly sliced
1 lime, juiced
250g angel hair pasta
4 finger limes, pulp removed
¼ cup picked coriander
1. Wash mussels, de-beard if necessary and discard any that have already opened.
2. Combine all ingredients except for mussels and pasta into a bowl, stir well.
3. Place mussels into a Solid steam tray and pour over coconut sauce.
4. In a Deep solid steam tray, add pasta and cover with 5cm of cold water.
5. Place both trays into the Steam oven and Steam at 100°C for 5 minutes.
6. Strain pasta through a fine sieve and combine with the mussels and sauce. Serve with fresh coriander and finger lime.
Hints and tips
• Clams can be substituted for mussels.