50ml duck fat
4 brown onions, peeled and cut in half, evenly sliced thinly
10 clover of garlic, peeled finely chopped/crushed
250ml white wine
500ml brown chicken stock
2 sprigs of thyme
2 x 300g lamb loins, cleaned of all sinew
4 anchovies, white, marinaded
2 cups broad beans, picked and shelled
1 lemon, zest and juice
- In a heavy-based pan over low heat, Induction setting 5, melt the duck fat.
- Add the onions and cook slowly to caramelise. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add the chicken stock and the thyme. Cook the liquid until it is reduced by one-third and then remove from the heat.
- Place the loins into a solid steam tray lined with baking paper. Place into the steam oven and Steam at 75°C for 15 minutes, remove from the steam oven, season with salt and pepper and rest.
- Take a small saucepan, add the butter and oil to the pan, add the pimentos and anchovies, sauté on high heat, Induction setting 7 for 30 seconds.
- Add the broad beans, season with lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon.
- Slice each lamb loin evenly lengthways to expose the beautiful pink centre, slice approximately 2cm x 8cm portions.
- Add a very generous ladle of the onion soup to each plate, at the top of each plate place one strip of lamb, at the bottom half of each plate add a generous amount of broad bean mixture and serve.