200 ml chicken stock
2 tbsp peanut oil
60 g XO sauce
2 tsp caster sugar
150 g crab meat
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
50g crispy shallots
Micro chives, optional
1. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and chicken stock with a pinch of salt flakes. Strain mixture through a sieve lined jug.
2. Place small serving bowls or ramekins into a perforated steam container. Pour approximately 50ml of custard into each bowl.
3. Heat oil in a small frying pan on medium-high heat, Induction setting 7. Fry the XO sauce for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
4. Stir in the caster sugar and transfer to an unperforated steam container. Add the crab meat to the tray and stir to combine.
5. Place the trays of custard and crab meat into the Steam Oven and steam at 85°C for 7-10 minutes.
1. Place a generous spoonful of the crab in the centre of each custard. Serve warm with a garnish of spring onion and crispy shallots.