½ packet rolled Vietnamese rice noodles
120g blue swimmer crab meat, picked and cooked
½ teaspoon coriander powder
Sea salt and pepper to taste
XO chilli sauce
4 dried scallops, soaked in warm water for 2 hours and drained
50g dried shrimp, soaked in warm water for 2 hours and drained
200g long red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
50g ginger, peeled and finely chopped
50g garlic, peeled and finely chopped
2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoon sugar
300ml vegetable oil
3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Grate the sweetcorn on a box grater and then place in a food processor with the egg.
- Place into a saucepan – select keep warm “H” on your induction cooktop and stir until thickened.
- Mix in the coriander powder and set aside.
XO chilli sauce
- Steam scallops in the steam oven at 85°C for 10 minutes. Remove the scallops from the steam oven and, while still warm, shred with your fingers, separating all the fibres.
- Pound the shrimp until finely ground in a mortar with a pestle, or grind in a spice grinder.
- Put all the ingredients, except for the spring onions, in a large heavy-based pot and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 45 minutes, or until the sauce loses its raw edge and turns deep red. Remove from the heat and let cool, then stir in the spring onions
To make the rolls
- Cut the noodles into 3 cm long sections and place in the Miele steam oven on a baking paper lined tray. Steam for about 1 minute at 100°C until just soft enough to unroll the noodle. Place a good smear of the corn puree on the noodle and then put 10 g of crab on top of that. Roll up and place on a tray. You can now refrigerate to steam later or steam to serve straight away.
- Steam for 3 – 4 minutes at 100°C and serve on a plate with a banana leaf underneath. Top with the XO chilli sauce and enjoy!